Previously worked within Cardiff University Computer Science Department
- Primarily working on the Triana workflow engine, as well as development of the IWIR workflow representation, and integration of the IWIR conversion toolkit within Triana.
- Development of the SHIWADesktop workflow bundling component and integration of SHIWADesktop within Triana.
- Development of the TrianaCloud framework, allowing execution of Triana workflows within a Cloud computing environment.
- Additionally integrated the STAMPEDE logging framework to Triana, facilitating logging of workflow executions within the TrianaCloud infrastructure.
- Primarily these developments were implemented in the Java programming language, with some Python web-services.
- Aided the development of the i4Life Cross-mapping tools, looking for name matches in different taxonomic checklists.
- Primarily these developments utilised the PHP language, the SMARTY PHP template engine, and HTML.
Research interests include interoperability of experimental and production data and computing resources, utilising scalable computing infrastructures such as Cloud and Grid Computing environments, and development of tools useful to the research community.
Currently working on the WISERD DataPortal.
The WISERD DataPortal is an online Geographic Information System (GIS) designed to enhance a researcher's ability to discover socio-economic research data relating to Wales, with the aim of encouraging collaborative research and re-use of existing data. The WISERD data portal provides map-based and text-based search tools for accessing a rich meta-database of government surveys (e.g. Living in Wales, Welsh Health Survey) and primary qualitative WISERD research (e.g. interview transcripts) and is expanding constantly.