Guidelines for posters submitted to the WISERD Annual Conference are available below.
- Poster size should be size (A0) and in a portrait format.
- Posters can be laminated.
- Posters should be kept in position using Velcro (or similar) tape (not provided).
- Your poster must include the title, author(s) and institution plus e-mail addresses – positioned at the top in bold.
- Please ensure your poster is easily readable from a distance of 1-2 meters, and 1.5 or 2 lines of spaces should be used between each line. It is also advised that authors should also pay attention to the following points:
- Headings should be 25% larger than normal text. Bold or other colours may be used.
- The amount of text should be kept to a minimum, and each block of text should include no more than a few sentences.
- Visual Impact is important and you are encouraged to include colour images and backgrounds.
Poster abstracts will be available via the WISERD Annual Conference webpages. Please return a brief summary that accurately reflects your poster by Wednesday 1st June 2016. This should be written in a style that can be used to publicise the research to a non-expert audience.
The Poster Exhibition will be displayed throughout the conference.
- Printed posters can either be forwarded to the WISERD office by Friday 1st July 2016 or posters can be put up from 10:00 on Wednesday 13th July 2016.
- You will be allocated a poster number; poster boards will be marked with these numbers.
- Posters can be removed by presenters as they leave the conference, and should be removed from the boards by 5.00pm on Thursday 14th July at the latest. WISERD will not be able to forward any posters that are left behind, so please ask a colleague to take down your poster at the end of the conference if you are not able to.
- Please try and be around your poster during the breaks to answer any questions.
Poster submissions should be emailed as PDFs to Sarah Creed (WISERD.firstname.lastname@example.org) and these will be made available via the WISERD and Wales DTC websites following the conference. If there are any issue with confidentiality it is your responsibility to let us know beforehand.