This event is the first of a series of three ‘Achieving Impact beyond Research’ workshops organised by the WISERD Migration Research Wales Network.
The aim of this workshop is to provide academics at all stages of their careers with the tools and routes to transfer their expertise and knowledge from academia and solely academic audience to the policy and practitioner community. We would like attendees to get a better sense of how to:
• identify and interact with policymakers and stakeholders,
• adopt an effective approach to public affairs
• develop and communicate clear and compelling messages for policymakers and stakeholders.
Each of the three invited speakers will talk about their sector to encourage academics in thinking how their research could be relevant to migration practitioners and policymakers. The session will be chaired by Dr Catrin Wyn Edwards, Aberystwyth University
• Professor Sergei Shubin, Professor and Director of the Centre of Migration Policy Research at Swansea University
• Anne Hubbard, Manager, Wales Strategic Migration Partnership
• Hannah Johnson, Knowledge exchange and engagement manager, Welsh Parliament.
The workshop will be run via Zoom.