The remit of the WISERD Language, Culture and Identity Research Network is as follows:
- To bring people together from the academic; public; private; policy and third sectors; with an interest in research in relation to the group theme.
- To facilitate communication between group members via the website; meetings; social networking; seminars; conferences and other means.
- To provide an outlet for discussion and dissemination of current and completed research.
- To facilitate the development of collaborative research proposals.
- To link in with the wider aims of WISERD including: increasing awareness and usage of Welsh datasets; building capacity within the social sciences in Wales; and a sustained programme of knowledge exchange and engagement.
The group covers all areas of research around Language, Culture and Identity and aims to be as inclusive as possible. The group is chaired by Professor Rhys Jones, Aberystwyth University and includes membership from colleagues across Wales from a variety of sectors.
The current membership list for the group: