On 5 November 2020, we launched our new Civil Society book series with Policy Press.
This new series provides interdisciplinary and comparative perspectives on the rapidly changing nature of civil society at local, regional, national and global scales.
In the run up to the event, the authors published a series of blogs:
- Civil Society and the Family – Esther Muddiman, Sally Power and Chris Taylor
- Civil Society through the Lifecourse – Sally Power
- Putting Civil Society in its Place: Governance, Metagovernance, and Subjectivity – Bob Jessop
- The Foundational Economy and Citizenship – Filippo Barbera and Ian Rees Jones
Researchers are currently working on forthcoming titles which include:
- City Regions and Devolution in the UK: The Politics of Representation, By David Beel, Martin Jones and Ian Rees Jones [Published March 2021]
- Analysing the Trust-Transparency Nexus: Multi-level governance in the UK, France & Germany, Authors: Professor Alistair Cole and Dr Ian Stafford. [Published March 2021]
- Local Civil Society: Time, Place and Boundaries, Authors: Professor Howard Davis, Dr Robin Mann, Dr David Dallimore, Dr Marta Eichsteller, Dr Graham Day. [Published December 2021]
- Labour, love and welfare: the politics, practices and performances of eligibility, Author: Dr Helen Blakely