We are delighted to announce that the call for papers is now OPEN for the WISERD Annual Conference 2022.
WISERD Annual Conference 2022
Wednesday 6th and Thursday 7th July 2022
The theme for our Annual Conference is ‘Civil society and participation: issues of equality, identity and cohesion in a changing social landscape’.
We are delighted to be able to announce our keynote speakers will be Professor Mererid Hopwood, Aberystwyth University and Dr Victoria Winckler, director of the Bevan Foundation.
Our theme reflects global challenges shaping civil society and participation. Concerns regarding poverty and social justice are increasingly shaped by a global energy crisis and escalating costs of living; the pandemic and associated restrictions have exacerbated existing inequality and cultural divisions and climate change policy asks further questions of the roles and responsibilities of states, markets and citizens.
The conference promises to provide colleagues from across the academic, policy, public, private, and third sectors with the opportunity to network and discuss cutting edge inter-disciplinary research from Wales and beyond that focuses on approaches adopted in a wide range of policy areas. We are interested to hear from colleagues on the following topic areas, particularly if they intersect with contemporary challenges:
- Civil society, participation and governance
- Language participation, culture and identity
- Poverty and social justice
- Wales’s global connections: civil society and participation in context
- Participation and civil society through the life course
- Participation in education
- Participation in the labour market
- Working with communities
- Participatory research in housing, health and social care
- Activism and civil society research
- Doing participatory and action research
Papers and posters on other topics within the theme not covered by the above sub-themes are also welcome.
This year we would like to invite proposals for paper presentations, workshops/interactive sessions, posters/exhibits, or colloquia in any discipline that engages with social sciences.
- Abstracts must be submitted by using the attached abstract proforma:
- Each abstract proposal or idea should be submitted separately.
- Proposals may be submitted in English or Welsh.
- All submissions will be reviewed by the WISERD Reviewing Committee. Their role is to ensure the development of a balanced programme of sessions which is based on relevance, demand, professional development need and timing. It may not be possible to include all proposals and ideas, but we thank everyone in advance for their efforts and interest in supporting the WISERD Annual Conference 2022.
- Notifications of acceptance will be issued in March 2022 and once the programme has been finalised, contributors will be given confirmation of the date and time of their session. Successful speakers will be asked to submit their detailed session materials during the spring.
- There is a possibility that successful speakers may be asked to present in a different format.
- If you are accepted as a speaker you will need to register as a delegate in the normal way and to book during the early bird booking period 20th March – 15th May 2022.
The deadline for abstract submission is 9.00am hrs on Friday 28th January 2022.
Please submit your abstracts to WISERDAnnualConference@cardiff.ac.uk.
We look forward to receiving your paper and to an exciting conference in 2022.