Mae'r cynnwys hwn ar gael yn Saesneg yn unig.
This conference was the final event in our RDI on “Training Quantitative Social Sciences Teachers”, where we presented shared ideas and materials developed throughout the course of the workshop series (see here for details of our workshops) on the following themes:
- Teaching the ‘core’ UG quantitative methods
- Embedding QM in social science teaching
- Developing effective assessments
- Suggested projects for third/final year dissertation projects
- Building links with schools and potential employers
Key Note: ‘UK: No Country for Old Quants?” Professor Donald Treiman (Emeritus Professor of Sociology, UCLA)
A panel discussion chaired by Professor John MacInnes with our international speakers:
Ted Gerber (Winconsin-Madison)
Marc Swyngedouw (Leuven)
Donald Treiman (UCLA)
Richard Zijdeman (Utrecht)
Sample materials of masters classes were available on the day from our resource packs, video and poster displays.
A full programme for the conference is available here: