Mae'r cynnwys hwn ar gael yn Saesneg yn unig.
This report reveals the latest figures of Wales’ Towns and Cities including the number of retail premises, the vacancy rates, the retail structure and the relationship with socio-economic characteristics and geographical typology.
The main takeaways:
- The vacancy rate decreased in Wales in all three location types (Retail parks, high streets and shopping centres) that LDC track and has done so since 2013.
- Across Wales, the vacancy rate for leisure premises is lower than for retail premises (following the same trend as GB as a whole).
- The proportion of independent retailers in towns has increased overall from 54% to 58%, although there is a large variation across towns.
This report also addresses the following questions:
- What is the retail scale of Welsh towns and cities?
- What is the vacancy rate and how is it changing?
- What is the retail structure of Wales’ towns and cities?